Do you like people? Are you a reader, an avid film buff or a collector of great podcasts? Do you have a creative, up-beat social media style? The SCFPL has a place for you! The St Croix Falls Public Library is hiring an afternoon library customer service clerk/youth services assistant with some social media marketing responsibilities. This is a 20 hours/week position with rotating Saturdays, beginning wage is $12.50/hour. Wages to increase in 2023. Start date is mid-August, 2022.
Applications for the customer service clerk should be in the form of a letter of application. A resume may also be included. Please email letters of application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include Customer Services Clerk in the subject line of the email. Deadline for application is August 12. Feel free to email me with any questions about the position.
Customer Service Duties
- Welcoming all who come through the library doors, ready to assist with a diverse set of needs from book recommendations to help sending a fax to checking out a huge stack of kids’ picture books.
- Attention to detail checking in/out materials, creating new library card accounts
- Applying library policy with consistency and diplomacy
- Familiar with online search skills, tips & tricks
Social Media Marketing
- Post useful, creative, relative & interesting photos and information on the library social media accounts at least once per day
- Create event posts consistent with library activities
- Communicate with other staff for ideas and content to share on social media
- Share work on software platforms such as Canva, that is available to all library staff
Su Leslie, Library Director